Skip Navigation

Pay By Phone: 866-265-6120

Pay Online

Water Department

The City offers water, wastewater, and solid waste services. The Water Department is responsible for turning water on, processing water bills and payments.  Senior Citizens qualify for a discount on water & sewer rates.  If you have a question, water leak or need your water turned off, call City Hall at 979-871-0190 during Monday – Friday 8:00 am to - 5:00 pm.  If it’s an emergency and after hours or on the weekend, call the Police Department at 979-239-1211.  

Pay By Phone: 866-265-6120

Pay Online Here


Lobby: Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM

Deposit Rates
Rate Information

New Service

New customers can visit this website to get water turned on.  A non-refundable $25.00 connection fee is required to obtain service. 

The City holds this deposit until such time the customer terminates service. The deposit will be refunded once  the account has been closed.

Trash Service
Solid Waste services are currently provided by Waste Connection through an exclusive franchise. Only Waste Connection polycarts will be serviced. Cans must face the street not earlier than 6 PM the day before service and have the can removed from the street by 8 am the following day of service.

Location         Days

Numbered Streets (West Side) & 
Bridge Harbor Monday & Thursday

Numbered Streets (East End), 
Avenues (North & South) & 
Slaughter Road Area Tuesday & Friday

Due Dates

  • The City mails a monthly statement for water, sewer and trash pickup by 20th of every month. 
  • Your payment is due by the 5th of each month.
  • A $10 penalty will be added if payment is not received by the 12th. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or observed holiday, bills are due on the next regularly scheduled workday thereafter. There is no second notice.
  • The City reserves the right to discontinue water service for failure to pay a water bill on or before the 20th day of the month. This service will not be resumed until such time all delinquent bills are paid, together with a delinquency fee of $40.00.

Payments that are mailed must arrive at City Hall on or before the due date. The City also has a drop-box for your convenience located inside the ATM room at City Hall. Payments may also be received inside City Hall, online or by phone at 866-265-6120.

Payment by a customer with a dishonored check shall constitute failure to pay. A $25.00 charge will be assessed plus amount of check (must be paid by cash, money order or cashier’s check).

Terminating Service

There is a $25.00 Disconnect Fee to terminate service.


Utility Billing During COVID 19                                                                                              

Washing hands and cleaning surfaces remains important, so the city will not discontinue water service for anyone until further notice; however, outstanding bills will not be waived.

The City offers the following options for paying your bill:

  • Online 
  • Phone: 866-265-6120
  • Mail: 200 West 2nd Street, Freeport, TX 77541
  • Automatic Bank Draft is available by filling out an application.
  • By night drop located inside the ATM room at city hall.
  • Arlan’s Market accepts utility bill payments through the 5th of every month.
  • Drive-Thru or Lobby

If you are unable to pay your bill at this time, please call (979) 871-0190 to make special arrangements based on your situation.

Automatic Debit payments
Please call 979-871-0190 if you need to suspend your auto draft and enroll in a payment plan.

Frequently Asked Questions                                                                                                  

When is my bill due?
5th of every month.  A $10.00 late fee will accessed after 4:00 p.m. the 12th of the month.

When will my service be cut off if I don’t pay my bill?
Cutoff is the 21st of every month unless it falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday.  Then the cutoff will be the following Tuesday.

My water was disconnected for non-payment – how do I get it turned back on?
You will need to call the water department to be able to pay online or through our automated system or you may bring in payment to city hall.  You will need to pay a $40.00 delinquency fee.

What do I need to do to transfer my service to a new address?
You will need to bring your photo ID and a copy of your rental agreement or ownership papers to city hall.  You will be charged a $25.00 transfer fee on your first bill.

If I transfer service, how long will it take before the water is turned on?
If you are here by 3:00 p.m. it will usually be on the same day.

How do I get a trash can?
Garbage cans will be delivered after water services are connected.  It may take up to 2 weeks to receive a can.

Can I get a re-read on my meter?
Rereads can be done upon request for no additional charge.

I’m filling my pool – can I get a credit?
You will need to pay a $25.00 fee for the City to come read your meter before and after filling your pool.  Only sewer is adjusted on your bill.  It will be averaged for the last 12 months and the difference will be credited to your bill.  You can only get an adjustment once every 12 months.

I had a leak – can I get an adjustment on my bill?
The City will give one sewer adjustment every 12 months for leaks.  Toilet leaks will not receive a sewer adjustment.

My sewer is backing up – what should I do?
Call city hall and we will dispatch Veolia to check the sewer drainage.

What do I need to setup New Service?
If you are a homeowner, bring your ownership papers, Photo ID, Social Security card and $130.00 to city hall.
 If you are a renter, bring your lease agreement, Photo ID, Social Security card and $145.00 ($90.00 if renting an apartment) to city hall. Water will usually be turned on the same day if you are here by 3:00 p.m.

How is my meter read?
Meters are read the 5th through the 10th of every month by a handheld wand that scans the meter.

How is my bill calculated?
Bills are calculated by the 1,000’s of gallons.  A minimum bill is 0 to 2,000 gallons.

I am going out of town for awhile, can I turn my meter off?
Yes, you may put your account on vacation. There is no fee to put your account on vacation and you will not receive a bill while the account is on vacation. 

Copyright © 2024 - Freeport, TX USA

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM